The Camelot keypad deadbolt not only adds functionally but also convenience to your life.
It offers the homeowner a keyless option but still maintains the integrity of a keyed deadbolt.
For ease of installation is battery operated.
This deadbolt is the perfect addition for both interior and exterior application where it is essential that you have security.
When purchasing this lock you are backed by a limited lifetime finish and mechanical warranty plus one year electronic.
It is perfect for your garage entry doors, front doors, back, and side doors, etc. The lock weighs only 5.35 pounds and measures 4.2 x 3.2 x 5.5 inches.
One size D battery is required. With the warm silver tones this keypad deadbolt will compliment dark and light wood grains.
This deadlock comes with a professional grade security bolt that is one of largest adjustable bolts that are available to give you more of an increased resistance to someone trying to kick-in the door.
It has a single cylinder deadbolt.
If you have small children that like to play with things they you will have to teach them this is not a play thing or the battery will wear down faster.
Because it is not a motorized deadbolt you will have to manually twist lock the deadbolt
- You can create and delete access codes for up to 19 family members and trusted friends
- No wiring needed and can be installed in minutes.
- The door thickness range is 1 5/8 inches to 2 inches or 41 mm to 51 mm standard. If your door is thicker there are thick door kits available
- Keypad is silicone coated to prevent the numbers from wearing off
- Guaranteed to fit on standard door
- Backset of universal deadbolts and latches fits 2 to 0.375 inches or 2 to 0.75 backsets
- For residential multi-family or single-family doors
- Pairs with the most popular trim styles in order to coordinate the look throughout your house
- Color is satin nickel with a satin finish
- The components included are 6 digit programming code, Camelot Keypad Deadbolt, and 9 volt battery.
- You no longer have to worry about stolen, lost, or forgotten keys with a keypad deadbolt
- Easy to install
- Makes coming or going effortless, painless, and keyless
- You do not have to worry about your child loosing their keys and not being able to get into the house.
- No need to worry if you lose your keys that someone is going to find them and let themselves in your home when you are gone and rob you.
- Enhances the style of your home
- No more hiding spare keys or keeping track of copies of keys made
- Low battery indicator
- Back-lit keypad that is so easy to and use that even little hands can operate it.
- Pre-programmed with two access codes so you can immediately use it after installation
- Comes with two backup keys if the battery suddenly does not work
- Has an all metal chassis for durability and strength
- Has no motorized interior parts that will break down plus this does not have a motorized deadbolt so the battery should last a long time
- Easy to set up and program
- No physical manual, only one online
- In the winter due to the cold the battery may not last as long, causing the catching mechanism not to work
- Not easy to replace the battery. You have to take the housing off from the inside using a screwdriver in order to replace the battery
- With the battery being on the inside of the door it could be better insulated.
- Support with the company leaves something to be desired
- Sometimes when using the key it can be a bit tricky and not easy to do
- In temperatures below 30 degrees it does not seem to work consistently
- Sometimes does not work if it is below zero.
- The back is plastic.
- The deadbolt will not extend or auto retract so it has to be done manually
As you can see from this report that are more pros than cons.
Yes, for some the price is a bit steep but as the old saying goes, you get what you pay for.
And Schlage BE365CM619 Be365 Camelot Keypad Deadbolt Satin Nickel is worth every penny.
Installing this lock will give you the security that you want and need.
In some reviews they call this “commercial grade”, which means that once properly installed it will be very hard for someone to get into your home unless they have the code.
It is also hard to kick in. This is idea for those that are managers of apartment complexes.
No more worrying about changing the lock and getting new keys. When the tenant leaves all you have to do is change the code.
The company that makes these keypad deadbolt locks have been in business since 1920 and now offers some of the most popular brands of locks both for commercial and consumers.