Driving off-road often proves to be a lot of fun but stressful most times due to the unstructured terrain of the roads.
A driver could find himself in a nasty scenario whether it’s being stuck between two rocks, or locked into a pothole, or submerged into the mud.
Most times, the driver could be miles away from any help or any truck that could pull the vehicle out of the mishap but with a winch, the driver can himself back on the road in no time at all.
A winch is a vehicle accessory that should always be available in one because they always come in handy in scenario cases where the road has rough or rugged terrain and a vehicle is trapped in mud or some other road mishap.
Therefore it is highly essential that the driver has this piece of equipment in the vehicle when driving along such terrains.
The Smittybilt 97495 XRC winch is a top pick when it comes to high-quality heavy-duty winches which can be used in all kinds of scenarios, but most usually moving, hauling or lifting something heavy like off-road vehicles or terrain vehicles.
It is a highly reliable winch product that was designed to handle just about 9500 pounds of load capacity which is one of the highest pull ratings in the market.
Equipped with an amphibious motor, making it water-proof, the XRC has an impressive power rating of 6.6 horsepower and the highest torque available in the industry.
The winch is manufactured with the best quality of materials to provide users with a guarantee that it lasts for an extended period of time as stated.
Also, this winch product comes with a remote control which you can use to operate it at a safe distance from where you want the load pulled out of.
This feature makes it safe for the users at all times because operating and moving heavy machinery along a steep road can be quite dangerous.
It also comes with an effective braking system that can use to ensure the safety of individuals and machinery at all times.
Recovery situations can be quite difficult to get out of at times but the winch proffers high-performance load capacities which are highly effective in handling just about any situation.
Smittybilt 97495 XRC Winch Features:
- A 3-stage planetary gear system and a 6.6 Horsepower Series Wound motor
- Amphibious motor, with an IP67 waterproof rating, which makes the system completely waterproof
- Top-notch 500AMP Solenoid
- Sliding ring gear clutch
- 12-foot lead connectors
- A wired remote control device
- Extremely durable build
- Wiring required for installation included in the kit
- Limited lifetime warranty on mechanical parts and extended five-year warranty on electrical parts
- Rated line pull of 9500 pounds per single line
- Steel or synthetic winch line
Smittybilt 97495 XRC Winch Specifications
- Product Weight: 89.98 lbs
- Motor: 6.6 horsepower Series Wound
- Dimensions: 25.8 x 10 x 14 inches (L x H x W)
- Gear Ratio: 161:28:1
- Brake: Automatic In-Drum
- Waterproof Rating: IP67
- Line Type: Steel cable or synthetic rope
- Control Switch: Remote
- Product Finish: Textured Black
- Line Pull: Single – 9500 Pounds
- Max. Line Speed: 32 ft./min
- Electrical Warranty: Five-year warranty
- Mechanical Warranty: Limited lifetime warranty.
- This winch product provides power and efficiency for users within an affordable price range. The 97495 XRC comes with several impressive features which makes it an amazing and top-notch product, they include:
- The Smittybilt 97495 XRC Winch is very tough with high excellence in both speed and pull strength. The winch comes in rugged UV-resistant matte black coating, with a locking system which is made of stainless steel and aluminum crossbars.
- Due to the high-quality materials, superior design and performance proffered by the system, the manufacturing company guarantees a limited lifetime warranty offer on the mechanical parts and a five-year warranty on the electrical parts. All these features and more distinguish this particular winch apart from the rest of the products available in the markets.
- The Smittybilt XRC 97495 winch comes with either a synthetic rope or steel winch line, both of which have their benefits and instances where they fit perfectly. The gear ratio of the winch is relatively lower which grants the system a faster winding speed and easy control using the parking brake.
- The winch product also comes with a 4-way roller fairlead and has a much faster spooling rate. For maximum performance, the product requires regular maintenance to secure its effectiveness. You can regularly inspect and clean the product to keep the product working efficiently as long as possible even though the quality of the product has been tested and proven.
- Remote control available which makes it easier, more comfortable and safe to use.
- Highly durable and reliable.
- Permanent magnet motor.
- Waterproof 6.6 HP electric motor.
- Dual choice of winch line: synthetic and stainless steel.
- Impressive pulling load.
- Relatively lightweight and compact.
- Corrosion-resistant body finish.
- The motor system overheats
- Possibility of metal parts rusting
- Harder manufacturer support due to the product being manufactured out of the U.S.
- The tendency of the control to malfunction
- Absence of mounting plate
The Smittybilt 97495 XRC winch was designed and developed by outdoor off-road drivers who know which areas an automotive product is lacking in and seek to optimize such areas.
So you can rest assured knowing that this is a top-notch product that has been tested severally before deployment into the market.
The warranty is the manufacturer’s way of assuring the consumers about the quality of his product and this product has a limited lifetime warranty on the mechanical parts, as well as a five-year warranty on the electrical parts, which is not something that’s common in the market today.
The Smittybilt XRC 97495 has a compact and reliable design with a very impressive pulling power, this product is one to consider when going for a winch product.
This product outperforms most of the products available in the markets with all of its amazing features and performance levels.
This winch is sure to be highly resourceful when the need for it arises which you may never know when.